Nursery General Manager
Australian Ecosystems (AE) is an award winning vertically integrated landscape company and operate a large nursery in South East Melbourne, producing plants for internal use and a wide range of clients. Our nursery produces locally indigenous plants and general landscape plants for landscaping projects, working alongside our landscaping and maintenance divisions, to create sustainable landscapes that restore biodiversity and improve the health and liveability of our communities.
Australian Ecosystems seeks a Nursery General Manager to manage the business unit of the AE nursery. The Nursery General Manager will oversee nursery production, plant inventory, staff management, business planning, financial management and work with the team on business marketing and growth.
The successful candidate will have
- Formal qualification in relevant discipline (nursery apprenticeship of horticulture degree) and at least 5 years experience in management position in a commercial nursery or horticultural industry, with management experience in running a nursery with over $2.5 million annual turnover. Qualification in business management or administration would be useful.
- Good knowledge of general commercial plant propagation including propagation of plants from seed and cutting, fertilization, weed control characteristics, fertilization characteristics and growing requirements.
- Good written and oral presentation and report writing skills and personal presentation
- Honesty, self motivation, the ability to work independently and a solid work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork and negotiation skills and experience and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to manage a diverse staff group, and proven experience in managing over 15 staff in a workplace
- Experience in the use of databases and high level computer skills in Outlook, Excel, Word, stock inventory/management software and current drivers licence
The Nursery General Manager position attracts a generous remuneration package.
We seek self motivated, capable candidates to join our award winning team.
If this sounds like you, please contact us at email@example.com