We are currently looking for someone to take on the role of second in charge in despatch, reporting to the Despatch Supervisor. The purpose of the role is to assist the Despatch Supervisor in leading and coordinating the despatch team to ensure product is despatched from the nursery, in an efficient and timely manner, meeting deadlines and following procedures. It is also expected that the successful applicant will assume the general responsibilities of the Despatch Supervisor when she is away on leave.
Some of the key duties include:
- Efficiently despatch product from the nursery.
- Monitor Quality Control.
- Regularly report to and communicate to the Despatch Supervisor any variations to customer orders in advance of the order leaving. Work closely with the Inventory Controller to reduce the downtime finding product and that all possible solutions to shortages and variances are sought.
- Be accountable for and take ownership of picking and packing aspects of despatch.
- Report any perceived or real crop failures and losses immediately.
- Communicate and work closely with the Growers, Inventory Controller, Gapping Supervisor, Despatch Invoicing Clerk and Customer Service.
- Encourage and motivate any labour provided to assist you.
- Person provides leadership and takes responsibility.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- A team player who fosters the team environment and motivates staff.
- Great Communicator.
- A person with excellent time management skills and who can prioritise
Interested applicants should email: email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org