Grower of Seedlings
About the Business ad the role:
Oasis Horticulture is a large wholesale seedling producer of flower & vegetable bedding plants that manufactures in Melbourne & Sydney with licenced growers nationally.
Purpose of the role:
Will be to plan, organise & implement nursery production procedures as a Grower of Seedlings, from sowing to transplanting.
The position has a bottom line responsibility in an environment that requires a level of leadership, influencing skills and establishing clear department objectives, aligned to the overall business strategic plan.
You will work closely with management & supervise a great team including apprentices.
It is essential you have the following skills:
- Horticultural/management qualifications
- Have a strong work ethic and able to work independently
- The right attitude, strong values aligned to our organisation and the desire to go above and beyond
- Are physically fit and love being active
- Practical technical skills
- Effective time management & organisational skills
- Relevant industry experience
- Ability to implement production procedures
- Have a hands-on approach to work
- Be computer literate and comfortable working with various types of software
- Developed communication & leadership skills, care about people and work well in a team
- Have an eye for detail and alert to what is going on around you
- Have a current full driver’s licence
Work Hours and Remuneration:
Need to be available Monday to Friday with a limited roster over the weekends.
Your pay and other entitlements are based on the Nursery Award and will depend on your qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
If you want to take the next step in your career and have what it takes to join a dynamic team committed to delivery with a focus on quality and safety in everything you do, then send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 27 June 2018