Prestige Plants is a wholesale nursery with 2 sites in Victoria and another in New South Wales. Prestige Plants is a major wholesale supplier of an extensive range of plants and trees to the landscape industry. With three growing sites covering over 100 acres in two states, Prestige Plants is constantly developing their range and service. The range currently covers containerised stock from tube stock and potted stock through to 400 litre advanced native, deciduous and ornamental trees.
Our Kinglake site is seeking a Propagation Manager to work in and supervise a small team of Propagators.
The right candidate will be responsible for:
- Direction and supervision of work-related tasks and activities in their department
- Assist in the management of the nursery staff under their supervision including personnel management, duty allocation and training
- Oversee pest and disease scouting and control.
- Ensure plant production numbers for the department meets specified requirements
- Provide adequate supervision to staff in the department through technical guidance and support
- Ensure that safe working practices and a safe work environment are maintained.
- Manage irrigation system as appropriate including physical checking daily as required.
The successful candidate will require the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity and experience with nursery practices, plants and their culture.
- Experience/knowledge in the operation of a plant production and distribution nursery; including the use of relevant machinery.
- A passion for nursery work and the propagation and production of plants.
- Willingness and ability to continue to learn and contribute to the business.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work on tasks as described by the Managing Director or Operations Manager.
- Reliability, punctuality, good sense of humour, patience – a team player.
- Must be physically fit and be able to sustain moderate physical exertion with full range of body motion in order to have the capacity to perform tasks as required.
- Supervisory skills
- Preference will be given to those with a relevant qualification.
Does this sound like you? If so, send your resume with covering letter to:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE at 4.00 p.m. on 26/5/2017